ESM puts utmost emphasis on the quality and efficiency of
the each crew
put on board. Six recruiting cum training offices in India; Mumbai, New Delhi, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kochi and Kolkata, ensure the same standard throughout the company.
ESM follows a stringent and consistent policy of recruiting the most eligible candidates through a system formulated with many years of experience of our team working in the field
Our selection procedures strictly adhere to the STCW95 conventions and ISM codes.
All crew are Indian nationals and speak English. The company strictly follows the one nationality policy on board to avoid any miscommunication and consequent breach of safety rule on board.
With a high level of education and extensive training both ashore and on-board, Indian crew and officers have made a place for themselves as one of the best merchant navy hands in the international shipping market.
Training is a part and parcel of good crew management. ESM ensures that each crewmember recruited has a high standard of training and qualification prior joining a ship. Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies (SIMS), located at Mumbai, India is the in-house post-sea training facility of the company offering exclusive world-class training to the ESM crew.
The pre-sea training facility of the institute is located at Lonavala, Maharashtra and we are proud to train all qualified deck and engine cadets passing out of SIMS, Lonavala on board ESM managed ships.
- Apart from the recruitment and training, company also takes care of all administrative aspects of crew requirements including travel plan for joining vessel, visa, repatriation, payment and accounting of wages, overtime and bonus.
- Medical tests and fitness certification
- Working gear for the crew as per safety and environmental protection policy of the company
- Administration ensures that any certification under the flag state requirements are promptly followed and adhered to.
- Each vessel under the management is connected with all crewing offices in India through all electronic media including email and satellite communication apart from the traditional modes like telex, fax etc. so that any crew matter can be directly dealt with by the crew manager(s) concerned.