Please click here to fill up your resume online
Executive Ship Management (ESM) is a premier ship management company preferred by the industry leaders for our superior professional expertise and bespoke services to discerning shipowner.
We are known for passionately driving excellence
We are admired for our persistent innovative thinking
We are trusted for our honesty & transparency
What we offer
The Executive Group is poised to lead the maritime services industry by driving innovations and creating strategic value for its partners.
In order to keep pace with its growth and expansion, Executive Ship Management is looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to join the team with tremendous growth potential within the company and the group companies. We have different
Please note that ESM recruits directly through its offices in Singapore and India.
We caution all prospective candidates against any agency claiming to represent us.
ESM is part of Executive Group, an ensemble of seven maritime service providers, headquartered in Singapore with representative offices around the world. Group services include ship management, ownership management and of offshore vessels, marine supply and repairs, chartering and commercial management, maritime software solutions and maritime training centre. To view job opportunities in other group companies please visit www.executive-group.com
Your Key Responsibilities
- Ensure that company policy related to Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQA) issues are effectively implemented and regularly monitored for its compliance in relation to operation of the fleet vessels. To advise Corporate Compliance Manager (CCM) and Designated Person Ashore (DPA) in writing any information related to the vessel or crew’s inability to comply with ESM’s environmental measures and any other marine environmental protection requirements.
- Maintain contact with Classification societies, shipyards, repair firms, industry groups, trade associations, equipment manufacturers and designers, Government bodies and other organizations that may be helpful to carry out the assigned duties and responsibilities.
- To project realistic annual operating budget for his vessel by taking view of Statutory, Flag and Port Requirements with appropriate reasoning to the owners & obtain timely approval.
- To comply with budgetary allocation for his vessel by regular monitoring and taking suitable actions to avoid negative variance.
- To monitor inventory control of stores and spares, performance of vessels, compliance with all applicable health, safety, security and pollution prevention regulations, certification status of vessels and ensure that at all times vessels are maintained in seaworthy condition and trading certificates are valid.
- To carry out routine vessel inspections, dry-docking and major repairs in coordination with principals after making the cost comparison of various yards and repairers in the most efficient manner.
- To ensure that all technical reports as required by various principals are timely dispatched.
- To monitor and timely correct all deficiencies/defects that exists in the vessels and ensure immediate corrective action are taken for any major defect in order that the vessels performance and safety is not jeopardized.
- To maintain the vessel preparedness at all times to comply with Port State Control and Oil Majors by close monitoring and review of Vessel’s conditions in line with VIQ requirements.
- Oversee that all items pertaining to health, safety, security and pollution prevention are regularly checked with the aim of achieving high standards of safe and pollution free voyages and general well-being of all on board the vessels.
- To monitor and ensure resource allocation by regular review of Work and Rest Hours of personnel on board and take suitable steps to conform compliance with Company’s Work and Rest Hours Policy.
- To verify all incoming reports from the vessels and identify areas which require immediate attention and take corrective actions
- Closely monitor performance of all vessels and ensure that all Charter Party requirements are being fulfilled. Identify reasons for deviation if any and take remedial measures.
- To prepare all necessary documentation pertaining to Hull and Machinery and P & I insurance claims for vessels under their charge and forward same to the Principals and/or the Insurance division for processing of claims.
- To carry out periodical inspection of vessels and subsequently prepare a detailed report and formulate and up-gradation plan and follow-up with the vessels.
- To prepare repair specifications and coordinate with various repair firms for effecting major repairs and Dry Docking,
- To monitor survey status and certification status of vessels and ensure surveys/inspections are arranged in time to maintain validity of all certificates.
- In order to discharge the above listed responsibilities, the Superintendent is required to use PHOENIX, Company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System designed for such purposes and keep all vessel’s records updated on the system.
We are looking for
- Individuals who are highly motivated and experienced in managing Tanker vessels as Technical Superintendent
- Individuals with prior sailing experience onboard tanker vessels as Chief Engineer will be an advantage
- Individuals with sound Technical knowledge and expertise
- Individuals with good administrative, planning and implementation skills
- Individuals with ability to demonstrate good time management, leadership and organisational skills
- Individuals must be fluent in English and possess good English writing skills
- Computer literacy is a must
Employment: Full Time
Please send your updated resume in MS WORD format (Attn: HR Manager) to:
Executive Ship Management Pte Ltd.
Tel No: +65 6324 0500
Fax No: +65 6324 4544
All personal information collected from unsuccessful applicants may be retained for 1 year from the date of submission for the purpose of any suitable future opportunity and will be removed thereafter.
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time before the stated timeframe, please write in to email@example.com.